The well-being service has received six referrals to date. Face to face sessions and sessions using technology have been used. Options of single and on-going sessions have been taken up.
The BDA Deaf Heritage Project launched their digital archive at the British Film Institute (BFI) on 11th November 2015 with funding support from the Neighbourhoods and Dementia Study and the Heritage Lottery Fund. This was a well-attended event which demonstrated the successful digitisation of historical materials belonging to the Deaf community.
The main areas of activity during 2016 will be:
- Translation of the course into English
- Adapting the course to the UK context
- Working together with Member Involvement groups
- Further development of the course
- Develop and test a prototype app
- Design the feasibility study and submit ethical application in Sweden and UK